Friday, April 15, 2011

Toothbrush/Amish Knot Chair Pad.....

I made this for my mom, she had a rocking chair she wanted it for. Has anyone made these, do you like the method, or how they look? I am not really a braider, and have never made any rag rugs. I have SO much cotton fabric, trying to put it to good use...lol..I do love the scrappy look of these. I am currently working on an oval rug and another chair pad.

You can use wool strips too, but wool is a bit thick, the cotton strips are user friendly...lol... Kinda different and fun. Have a great weekend.....Is spring really here?? Not so sure...

4 comments:

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

I've seen this before and I'm intrigued. Would you be willing to give us a small tutorial? My gram used to make rag rugs like this, but she crocheted them. I still have a few of her rugs! I agree with you about how nice it is to use up old fabrics...recycle and reuse -- great! I love your mat!
Courtney

Joanne said...

Looks cool to me - nope I don't have a clue how to do them Whatever you do looks good

Unknown said...

Hi,

I really like the look of your pad-- I also would love a small tutoral
if you could??
Thanks Karen

Hooked on Primitives said...

Well, I will just have to have my daughter hold the camera and do am little demo or something...lol....

I learned some things from the "Rag Rug Cafe." You can google it and watch some videos. It even shows a crude tool you can make yourself. I just kept practicing until I got it right.