Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Seasoning?

I am the cook in the family! Saying I love to cook would be a stretch, but I don't mind and do an OK job. I'd much rather be hooking or sewing! Now every year by the time I get to the store, they are always out of poultry seasoning, or they have the mini container that cost about six dollars. So I went on one of those site's for substitutions, etc.. I just love those. Anyhow, I am going to just whip up a little batch of my own and wanted to share the ingredients here. For poultry seasoning a general list of spices and herbs are: Sage, Thyme, Pepper, Majoram, and optional additions are: Parsley and Rosemary. Add or subtract to taste. Enjoy! More Dyealogue, hopefully tomorrow!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Have to confess Cathy - I never used 'poultry seasoning" but the looks of those ingredients - i must have been without knowing it! I generally open the spice cabinet door and throw a little of that and a bunch of that and pinch of those in! LOL! Happy Thanksgiving to you! joanne

Hooked on Primitives said...

See Joanne, you are just a very smart cook and just knew what would taste good!! I ahve to look at a bottle or on the web! LOL!!! Bless you my friend!!