Saturday, December 6, 2008

Creme Brulee and Cars...LOL!!

A nice day at home today! We got our tree put up, and had a little snow!, it is about 20 degrees here in Indiana. Tomorrow will be a busy one, a roller-skating b-day party, basketball, a visit from grandma, dinner out, a bit of shopping, etc...

I recently bought some cute little ramekins to make some Creme Brulee, never made it before. I got lucky it came out great, would post pic's but with 5 of us, it disappeared fast...down the hatch. haha! Other than setting the topping on fire under the broiler...lol, luckily it peeled right off with a spoon and I re-did it! My girls don't like eggs, but little do they know, they eat eggs quite often....lol!




Can I make an endorsement? Last Summer I bought myself a new car, and we just love it. I wanted a cross-over with a third row seat. It had to have enough space, and it actually seats one more person than my old mini van did. Anyhow, we looked at several models, weighing price, etc.. I bought a Mazda CX-9, it is truly a joy to drive and a great ride! My first import and I am sold! The top pic is mine the bottom is the stock photo, wish I lived near those nice mountains. Hubby being a car man, well he pinstriped it and added some chrome wheels etc... The kids name everything, they named it Mazzie. Men and Kids, too funny!!
Some upcoming dye post's will be what to do if you are out of some colors you need?? No need to wait for an order of dye's to arrive, work with what you have. Also, how to get some good neutrals...
Have a wonderful one~! Cathy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy, I have some neutrals and want to make them look antique, like tea stain in color. How do I achieve that color???

Hooked on Primitives said...

Hi Paula!! Thanks for asking, what are your wool colors, tans, creams?? Do you want them kinda mottled or more solid??? Lots of ideas for you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy, I just sent you an email.

By the way nice car. Have been looking at the Ford Edge but will check into this one too.

Joanne said...

too funny about not getting the pic of the creme bulee Cathy - you are too funny! nice car! HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY SEASON joanne

Hooked on Primitives said...

I hope you are too Joanne! You cracked me up about the color wheel, I am going to try to make you friends with it!! LOL!!

Boggy Creek Stitches & Loops said...

Nice ride Cathy! I love the name too. I name my vehicles too ~ my F-150 is Pale Horse and my F-250 is The Tank (appropriate as it only gets 11 mpg). BTW ~ LOVE your blog. I'm gonna add it to mine, is that ok?
Marte

Hooked on Primitives said...

Please do Marte! That would be super!! Love the names for your trucks, glad we aren't the only one's!!LOL!!