Friday, February 6, 2009

Inspiration from...........

Inspiration from Treats!LOL! Not sure whether it is my sweet tooth or maybe fond childhood memories. I have often incorporated sweets in with my crafting. You just never know when and where you will be inspired!

I may have already mentioned this, but before I sold hand hooked items, patterns, and such on ebay, I used to sell my sewn (hand and machine) items on ebay and at craft shows. They were actually not always sweet though...lol. I think I made every kind of vegetable and fruit out of muslin, lots of painting, sanding, grubbing, etc.. Fun, but....... this was before rug hooking totally captivated me! Sometimes, I like to revisit these things in my hooking projects. Here I have a lil' Easter Thyme sampling of Peep bunnies for you! Once I finished assembling these, I sprayed them with an opal spray glitter for a bit of vintage sparkle! It adhered to the wool very well.


Here we have the chocolate hearts! I visited my mom last night at the bakery where she works, and there they were! I knew I had not imagined these...LOL! Just as pretty as I remembered. I guess they don't look much like the hearts I hooked...lol! That is how ideas are though, we have our own interpretation and way of re-creating what we see. That is what makes our art and all types of art so much fun! The uniqueness and individuality of it all!

Still busy with orders, and some new patterns, but I did manage to dye some wool tonight, so more dye adventures soon!! Wishing you dreams come true, a passion for life, and happy hooking always! Cathy



5 comments:

Sunny Dawn said...

I am new to blogging but not to rug hooking. Your site is great! I love your Peep Bunnies. And the chocolate hearts look almost to good to eat...almost!

ohiofarmgirl said...

I love your little bunnies. I have not rug hooked yet you you are inspiring me to try it. Dianntha

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Your lil' bunnies are so cute!

Twice Nice said...

And why not treats?!! Love the little Peep Bunnies, and the Chocolate heart.
Deb

Hooked on Primitives said...

Thank You!!! Thanks for stopping by too!! Stop back soon!!! Cathy